With a keen awareness of our responsibilities as a part of society, Nidec Group pursues the common good by offering globally welcomed products and technologies. Nidec's ultimate objective as a socially responsible business entity is to ensure sustainable growth that generates stable employment. All Nidec directors and employees are required to perform their duties in a sincere and transparent manner with full respect for the spirit of this charter and the importance of corporate social responsibility (CSR).
- 1. Work Sincerely and Honestly
We must recognize the importance of strict compliance with the laws, regulations, and social requirements of the countries in which we operate, and fulfill our responsibilities based on international standards in a spirit of sincerity and honesty.
We must ensure fair and transparent disclosure of information as well as maintain bilateral communication with stakeholders, including shareholders, customers, business partners, employees, etc., in order to earn and retain the trust of society in general.
In order to enhance the safety, quality, and reliability of our products, we must engage in fair business transactions based on transparent and free competition in harmonious cooperation with business partners, and we aim to grow together.
- 2. Coexist Harmoniously with The Environment
- We must recognize that the perpetual preservation of the global environment is an issue of common concern for all humanity and we thereby commit ourselves to reduce our environmental burden through environmentally conscious business activities.
- 3. Respect Human Rights
- We must maintain an optimal work environment, based on mutual respect for individuality and human rights, free from discrimination or abusive labor practices, such as forced or child labor.
- 4. Ensure Occupational Safety and Hygiene
- We must ensure workplace safety and good health in order to establish a working environment where each employee can perform to the best of his/her individual capabilities, based on the cooperation between our management and employees.
- 5. Maintain Good Relationship with Society
We must recognize that a sustainable corporate growth can only be achieved on a foundation of good relationships with society, and aim to grow and expand together.
We must respect the cultures and customs of the countries and regions in which we operate, and participate in and contribute to the events and activities for the benefit of local communities.
Our CSR Charter was established based on the ten principles of the UN Global Compact*1 and Electronic Industry Code of Conduct (EICC).*2 In addition, as bylaws for the CSR Charter, we have established CSR Regulations, which include human rights and labor-related provisions such as guaranteeing the freedom to establish labor unions and the right to engage in collective bargaining.
- *1 Ten principles of the UN Global Compact
- Basic corporate citizenship principles advocated by then-UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan in 1999. Currently there are ten principles concerning human rights, labor, the environment, and anti-corruption.
- *2 Electronic Industry Code of Conduct (EICC)
- A code of conduct drawn up by the electronic industry for business activities covering the whole supply chain. The EICC Code of Conduct consists of rules on labor, safety and hygiene, environmental preservation, management system, and ethics.